From now on the ON0DP D-Star repeaters run on G4KLX software.You can link to the D-Plus/REF reflectors or X-Net/DCS reflectors if you want.
To link to the DCS reflectors or the usual D-Plus reflectors, it is important to check the link status of the repeater. Control can be done by either the letter I place on the eighth character of YOURS or UR. You can hear and read a message from the repeater that he is linked or unlinked.You can consult also the dashboard of ON0DP, D-Plus or X-reflectors to check the status of the repeater or reflectors.You will find also a link to the various dashboards by using the menu on this website.
For example you can link to reflector DCS011B (Flemish) by following command in UR: DCS011BL.Or for D-Plus reflector 028A (Flemish) by following command in UR: REF028AL. Of course you can also as usual link to each reflector of your choice.
An overview of D-Plus or X-Reflectors can you find in the link menu on this website.
CCS is the new callsign routing system.
CCS or Call Connection Service for DV-Communication via gateway, there are two game modes:
- The compounds of two stations (point-to-point).
- The connection between the many stops (point-to-multipoint).
To connect two stations is the oldest method, the call sign routing is as long as it Digital Voice is. One carries the callsign of the station you want as URCALL on radio and speaks. The DV system automatically searches the path (the world) to the desired Station. To speak with a number of stations have been designed reflectors. A reflector is a distributed Talk to all registered stations. The advanced optical system DCS has now established worldwide. Reflectors are not material in this document. Here it is the connection of one Amateur to another, a point-to-point-one call. It does not matter where the Amateurs are in the world, the CCS system is the right way automatically.This Process is called callsign routing.
Callsign Routing System: Is predecessor of CCS are many, since it is DV.
- ICOM Callsign-Routing (The Oldest System).
- IrcDDB (as 1 but with a different database).
- D-Plus (works similarly echo link with FM repeaters).
- StarNet, an extension of the first.
Each of these systems has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, the ICOM callsign routing works fine (also based on IrcDDB).However, it is easy to operate so cumbersome that it uses almost no one. D-Plus (the first non-ICOM-based development) which allows connecting with the other party(Amateur or relay)and thus listening to the local communication.This is similar to the EchoLink connection with an FM relay. The complicated operation of call sign routing should be remedied by StarNet what but succeeded only partially, in Europe it has become generally accepted therefore never can. Four systems, just to be able to converse two amateurs, and with disastrous complicated operation? Who looks as through yet? This situation is called for,the thought Also DG1HT (the developer of the DCS reflectors) as he laid the foundation for a new,simple and usable for everyone system put that all in its simplicity existing in the shade and is also expected to replace CCS.
Benefits of CCS and following requirements of CCS:
- Fully automatic global routing between two radio amateurs.
- Ease of use, practically no press operation except PTT and speak,Anyone can.
- Clarity, the user at any time overview of both ends of the communication.
- Everyone listens to each: all parties to the conversation is always heard.
- Contains all the properties of ICOM callsign routing, IrcDDB, D-Plus and Starnet and can replace these four systems completely, the user needs no special to Remember more.
- Across borders, worldwide operational.
Operation: The operation of the system is as easy, if not easier, than making phone calls.
- You specify who you want to talk.
- Pressing the PTT and speaks.
For the called, its even easier.
- He presses the PTT and speaks completed, there is nothing more to do. CCS makes everything else for us amateurs automatically. Return paths are managed by CCS, the cumbersome switching of the way back in (Icom equipment, press R> CS)is completely unnecessary.
Operation when using a wireless device:
- One carries the callsign of the station looking into the input box of the DV URCALL radio one. When you are in range of a CCS-enabled relay pressing now only the PTT and is connected to the desired station. You can now hear the radio traffic that station (if it is just talking), it is avoided that to break into an ongoing conversation.Then you press the PTT and speak. The other station can now listen and respond.to no operation is required, the other party expresses only the PTT and speak.
Summary for CCS operation via radio:
- URCALL fill with the desired station.
- Frequency of a CCS eligible Repeaters set.
- PTT button briefly and listen, or press and speak.
Operation on a PC when using the DV RPTR Control Center:
- The Control Center displays a list of all available via CCS stations, after which prefixes Can be filtered (countries). You look for the desired station in the list and click on it.The connection is immediately established and you can hear a possibly ongoing conversation.If one wants to say something, then press the PTT and speaks.
Summary for CCS operation via control-center PC:
- Click desired station.
- Or listen to talk PTT and press.
In all cases, the called station doesnt have to do anything except to answer. A global DV QSO becomes as simple as a local QSO.
Simultaneous operation via CCS and reflectors (DCS):
- The simultaneous operation of the old call sign routing and reflectors always led to chaos. it were double what paths switched mutilated communication.CCS can only organize this situation perfectly, providing even additional very convenient options.
Example: If a is connected to a DCS amateur reflector and introduces QSO. suddenly calls somebody else via CCS. In this case,the CCS system connects the caller automatically with the current reading on the reflector conversation.So,is the conference is switched everyone can hear everyone. The big advantage is: no matter how I am linked in a conversation, I can hear everyone and I hear you. Such a clean and trouble-free QSO is possible.CCS is currently the worlds only system which callsign routing and reflector operating smoothly and trouble-free can manage. This operation makes it great fun!
Enough words, now we go into the field with a few typical examples:
Examples of radio practice:
DL1ABC in Berlin traveling with handheld radio would be in with VK0XYZ Sydney talk VK0XYZ:speak
DL0ABC want to relay DB0XYZ just listen:
DL0ABC: Entering into DB0XYZ Urcall, and pressing the PTT Alternatively, click on the callsign DB0XYZ PC.
The discussions on this relay can now be listened to. If DL0ABC wants, he can also take part in the conversation and easy clean-call. DD5XYZ talking on the PC reflector DCS001-R with DD6ABC, then calls DL0RST via CCS this week purely:
DL0RST:Clicking DD5XYZ, the Control Center shows that even in this conversation with DD6ABC is. Clean-call in a lull in the conversation. All 3 stations can be heard, all can without further Operation simply speak.
DD5XYZ DL0ABC want to talk to, this is already in QSO with a CCS DL0RST:
DD5XYZ:Clicking DL0ABC in the Control Center. A message appears that it is already in talks with DL0RST, also is indicate when he expected to return is free. As soon as the ongoing call is terminated DL0ABC can click Disconnect. He is free and the new connection is automatically immediately.
Summary: CCS is used to connect two radio amateurs and works worldwide.CCS does not require operation. You have to set only speak what do we want and can immediately start talking.The called party can respond immediately, and need to make any operation.A mixture with DCS reflectors is possible will be arranged automatically ensures that always be able to hear all the stations in QSO round.
CCS repeater call: The four digits of the user, possibly supplemented with the module of the repeater 12342 voor user 1234 module B (A=1 B=2 etc.)
- CCS disconnect = A (DTMF A key)
- Reflector disconnect = # (DTMF # key)
- Standard reflector connect = ** (DTMF ** two times the star * key)
DCS reflector: D#MM D = D key, # = DCS reflector number, MM = 2 digits for module 01 = A, 02 = B etc. (DTMF D1102″ voor DCS011 module B)
XRF reflector: B#M B = B key, # = Xreflector number, M = module 1 till 5
Please note that when you use two same numbers in a row you need a small pause between them !
CCS establish connections and disconnect via Your Call UR
- Connect to the standard reflector UR=L
- Connect to another CCS station UR=CCS99999″ for a station with DTMF 9999 at module 9
- Disconnect UR=CCSA same as DTMF A
To lead CCS calls, all participating stations (or repeater), the CCS protocol support.
Currently, there are the following possibilities (as of Sept 2012):
- DV RPTR Control Center as a dongle, hotspot or Repeater (available that contains the CCS complete functionality)
- Client for ICOM Repeater: soon available for worldwide use
- Jonathans, G4KLX, Gateway and Repeater: client
(copy from KF9L and DG1HT and DJ0ABR)